Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Social networking sites


There are a lot of social networking websites. I can’t say that I use any of them a lot, due to various reasons. Usually I use Facebook, YouTube, Tweeter, LinkedIn. I don’t use any of them daily, but I’m familiar with all of them.

I think Facebook is the most universal social media. You can do anything you want there: share your pictures, video with you friends, talk to them, comment on their posts. It is very useful especially when your friends or relatives far away from you. Tweeter is very different. I would say tweeter is a social media on the go. You can’t post ling posts like in Facebook, but you can share pictures. But these pictures can see anyone. So, if you want to limit access to you posts and pictures you better use Facebook.

YouTube is good for watching video. There are a lot of good videos to watch, a lot of educational videos. For example, last week I watched couple Linear Algebra lectures, because I missed a class, and I don’t have time to visit my professor during office hours. And I’m back on a track, these videos were very helpful.

LinkedIn is good for professional networking. If you want to find a job, or you want to make come new professional connections, or you want to keep in touch people you used to work before. You make your profile, include you resume, cover letter and employee can contact you if you fit the certain position.

Any of these social media contain tons of useless information. Sometimes it’s hard to find what you need. But if you know what you are looking for and you know how to use it will work for your benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next New

I never thought about what kind of new type of new media I would like to try or to see on a market. I’m not very familiar with curren...